Twelve FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the New Jersey Truck Driving Championship
SOMERSET, N.J. – June 11, 2012 – Twelve drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 New Jersey State Truck Driving Championship in Somerset on June 8-9.
- Joe White, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Newark, captured first place in the 3-Axle class. He also earned the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes.
- Lester Beben, a driver for FedEx Freight based in South Brunswick, won the 5-Axle Sleeper class for his fourth state title.
- Cinnaminson-based FedEx Freight driver Jim Erickson earned his second straight state title in the 5-Axle class.
- Artur Lesniowski, owner of Artur’s Express Corp. based at the FedEx Ground station in Moonachie, captured the first-place trophy in the Step Van class.
- FedEx Express drivers Erasmo Ferrante (Elizabeth) and Bart Masciulli (Mount Laurel) posted second in the 4-Axle and Step Van classes, respectively.
- FedEx Freight driver Tom Bass (Vineland) finished second in the Flatbed class.
- Nicholas Ciardiello, owner of NC Enterprises, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground Station in Woodbridge, was second in the Straight Truck class.
- Freight drivers Carlose London (Cinnaminson) and Mike Egan (Wayne) finished third in the 5-Axle Sleeper and 4-Axle class, respectively. London also earned the Rookie of the Year award.
- FedEx Express driver Geraldine Parella (Eatontown) finished third in the Step Van class.
- Harold McCarsky Jr., a driver for Izet Trucking, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Woodbridge, finished third in the Tank Truck class.