Thirteen FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Florida Truck Driving Championship
TAMPA, Fla. – June 4, 2012 – Thirteen drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Florida State Truck Driving Championship in Tampa on May 31 – June 2.
- Eddie Pennington, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Jacksonville, captured his fifth state title with a win in the Twins class. He also captured the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes.
- Valdosta, Ga.-based FedEx Freight driver Greg Sams captured his third state title with a win in the 3-Axle class.
- Fellow FedEx Freight driver Steve Cochran (Ocala) finished first in the Flatbed class.
- Edwin Bonnell, owner of Box Trotter, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Ocala, captured the first-place trophy in the Straight Truck class.
- Michael McSheehy, owner of MPM Logistics, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Tampa, finished at the top of the Step Van class for the second time.
- FedEx Express drivers Luis Soto Jr. (Hollywood), Ronald Shaheen Jr. (Miami) and Rene Molinary (Miami) finished second in the 4-Axle, Step Van and Straight Truck classes, respectively.
- Jody Jewell and Robert Jewell, drivers for Mose Jewell Trucking, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Orlando, placed second in the 3-Axle and Twins classes, respectively.
- FedEx Freight drivers Tommy Forrest (Orlando) and Jerry Keaton (Jacksonville) posted third in the Flatbed and Twins classes, respectively.
- Emanuel Vargos, a driver for Overcomer Delivery Services, Inc. based at the FedEx Home Delivery station in West Palm Beach, posted third in the Step Van class, finishing the sweep in that class by Team FedEx.