Ten FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Connecticut Truck Driving Championship
WINDSOR LOCKS, Conn. – June 11, 2012 – Ten drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Connecticut State Truck Driving Championship in Windsor Locks on June 9.
- Paul Brandon, a FedEx Freight driver based in New Haven, captured his fourth straight state title with a win in the Tank Truck class. He also earned the Best Pre-Trip Inspection award.
- Tom Griffin, also a New Haven-based driver for FedEx Freight, attained his fourth state title – this one in the 5-Axle class.
- FedEx Express driver John Sanchez (Windsor Locks) won the Step Van class.
- Andrew Martin, a Stamford-based FedEx Express driver, finished first in the Straight Truck class.
- John Hendrick, a FedEx Express driver based in Windsor Locks, was second in the Straight Truck class. He also posted the highest score on the written exam among all competitors and earned the Rookie of the Year award.
- FedEx Freight driver Joey Moniz (New Haven) finished second in the 5-Axle Sleeper class.
- Bert Howard, a driver for Armadillo Transportation Services, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Hartford, posted second in the Twins class.
- FedEx Express driver Rodolfo Bernardo (Windsor Locks) finished second in the Step Van class.
- Tim Cohen and Karen Roderick, drivers for Armadillo Transportation Services, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Hartford, finished third in the 3-Axle and 5-Axle Sleeper classes, respectively.