Six FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Utah Truck Driving Championship
SALT LAKE CITY – June 9, 2012 – Six drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Utah State Truck Driving Championship in Salt Lake City on June 9.
- Mike Kelly, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Salt Lake City, captured first place in the Twins class.
- Ken Pierson, owner of Mbongo Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Salt Lake City, won the Step Van class.
- Shawn Sellers and Barry Hatch, both drivers for FedEx Freight in Salt Lake City, posted second-place finishes in the 3-Axle and Twins classes, respectively.
- Daniel Brophy, owner of D&E Delivery Services, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Provo, finished second in the Step Van class.
- Kirt Williams, owner of Williams Transportation Service based at the FedEx Ground station in Salt Lake City, posted third in the Step Van class.