Six FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Maryland Truck Driving Championship
TIMONIUM, Md. – June 11, 2012 – Six drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Maryland State Truck Driving Championship in Timonium on June 9.
- Tommy Shope, owner of Semi-Logistics, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Hagerstown, captured his second state title in three years with a win in the 3-Axle class.
- FedEx Express driver Mike Forchetti (Rockville) earned his third state title in the Step Van class.
- Duane Clever, owner of Clever Enterprises, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Hagerstown, took home the second-place trophy in the 5-Axle Sleeper class.
- Chester Masser, owner of Totgas Trucking, Inc. based at the Hagerstown FedEx Ground station, finished third in the Straight Truck class.
- FedEx Freight drivers Anthony Van Delft (Baltimore) and Michael Bennett (Hagerstown) placed third in the Twins and 3-Axle classes, respectively.
In addition, the competitors representing FedEx Freight won the team trophy.