Seven FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Indiana Truck Driving Championship
INDIANAPOLIS – June 25, 2012 – Seven drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Indiana State Truck Driving Championship in Indianapolis on June 22-23.
- Willie Baylor, a FedEx Freight driver based in Indianapolis, earned his fifth state title with a win in the 4-Axle class. He also took home the Best Pre-Trip Inspection honor and the award for Best Sportsmanship.
- Chris Helmuth (Fremont) captured the first- place trophy in the Flatbed class.
- Vern Levingston, owner of Levingston Enterprises, Inc. based at the FedEx Home Delivery station in Indianapolis, earned his first state title with a win in the Step Van class.
- Jeff Sowders, owner of J.S. Family Investments Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Indianapolis, won the Twins class.
- Matt Moss, owner of Left Seat Logistics based at the FedEx Ground station in Lafayette, and Howard Mason, owner of HSM Enterprises, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Indianapolis, posted second- and third-place finishes, respectively, in the Step Van class.
- Troy Davis (Michigan City) finished third in the Straight Truck class.