Nine FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Oregon Truck Driving Championship
TROUTDALE, Ore. – June 11, 2012 – Nine drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Oregon State Truck Driving Championship in Troutdale on June 9.
- Jim Rud, a driver for FedEx Freight based in Portland, finished first in the Straight Truck class for the second straight year. He also earned the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes.
- Dan Shamrell, also a driver for FedEx Freight based in Portland, won his twelfth state title with his win in the 3-Axle class.
- Portland-based FedEx Freight driver Chris Outen took home his fourth consecutive Oregon state title with a win in the 4-Axle class.
- Nick Paradiso, a driver for Tiebreaker, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Portland, won his fourth state title in the Step Van class.
- Ted Carlson and Jerry Lambert, both drivers for FedEx Freight in Portland, took home the second-place trophies for the 5-Axle and Twins class, respectively.
- Kailen Bronson, owner of Bronspac, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Portland, finished second in the Step Van class.
- FedEx Express driver Jonathan Holman (Salem) finished third in the Step Van class.
- Randy Crafts, a driver for FedEx Freight in Medford, placed third in Twins.