Nine FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Delaware Truck Driving Championship
HARRINGTON, Del. – May 14, 2012 – Nine drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Delaware State Truck Driving Championship in Harrington on May 12.
- FedEx Freight driver Rusty Pederson, based in Wilmington, captured his third state title, this year in the 3-axle class. He also took home the Grand Champion title for achieving the highest score among the winners of all classes.
- Fellow FedEx Freight driver Billy Tuell earned his first state title in the Twins class. Billy is also domiciled in Wilmington.
- J.R. Argo, a driver for Travis Boardman Inc. domiciled at the FedEx Ground station in Salisbury, Md., captured first place in the Step Van class for the second year in a row.
- FedEx Freight drivers Keith Moreno (New Castle) and Louis Lockard (Wilmington) posted second-place finishes in Twins and 4-Axle classes, respectively.
- Lori McKamey, a driver for Q&D Trucking and Josh Lineweaver, a driver for Travis Boardman Inc., finished second in the Step Van and Straight Truck classes, respectively. Both are domiciled at the FedEx Ground station in Salisbury, Md.
§ Sweeping the Step Van class with a third-place finish was Joe LeBlanc. Joe is a driver for Desperado Trucking, domiciled at the FedEx Ground station in Salisbury, Md.
- Michael Conaway, owner of D&C Courier, Inc. domiciled at the FedEx Ground station in New Castle, finished third in the Straight Truck class.