FedEx Launches Fourth Annual FedEx Cares Week
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) today kicked-off FedEx Cares Week, its annual week of service. More than 3000 employees and contractors from around the world will donate their time and talents to serving local organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life in the communities they serve.
FedEx Cares Week will be celebrated Sept. 15 " 20 in more than 40 cities around the world, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Memphis, Miami, New York, Newark, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. This is the first year that team members outside the United States will participate in FedEx Cares Week, with Australia, Bermuda, China, Dominican Republic, Hong Kong, Mexico and the Philippines among the countries involved.
“FedEx Cares Week provides a unique opportunity for FedEx employees and contractors to work together and make a difference in the communities they serve,” said Rose Flenorl, manager, Social Responsibility, FedEx. “A passion for volunteerism is part of the FedEx culture and we are excited to extend FedEx Cares Week this year and support more than 40 communities around the world.”
Now in its fourth year, FedEx Cares Week serves as a formal kick-off for the annual FedEx United Way campaign, as well as providing an opportunity for FedEx team members to give back to their local communities. FedEx employees and contractors around the world volunteer hundreds of thousands of hours each year to make their communities better places to live, work and play.
This year’s FedEx Cares Week service projects include
- Restoration and beautification of “The Center” in the Watts community of Los Angeles
- Preparing grocery donations at The Greater Boston Food Bank for distribution to local hunger relief agencies
- Cooking, packaging and delivering meals to those in need " along with Denny Hamlin, NASCAR driver of the FedEx #11 Camry " at Food & Friends in Washington, D.C.
- Taking overflow calls from 2-1-1 Louisiana, the community information line, from stranded Gulf Coast residents at the United Way of the Bay in San Francisco
- Performing a wheelchair overhaul at the Red Cross Home for the Disabled in Thailand
- Serving meals to the homeless with The Salvation Army in Bermuda
- Planting trees with Reforestamos Mexico
For more information about FedEx Cares Week and the FedEx commitment to volunteerism and the communities it serves, visit csr.fedex.com.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $38 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 290,000 employees and contractors to remain absolutely, positively focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.