Eleven FedEx Drivers Earn Honors at the Wisconsin Truck Driving Championship
APPLETON, Wis. – June 11, 2012 – Eleven drivers representing FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) operating companies placed among the top finishers at the 2012 Wisconsin State Truck Driving Championship in Appleton on June 8-9.
- Brent Glasenapp, a driver for FedEx Express based in Milwaukee, earned his fifth state title with a win in the Straight Truck class. He also won the Best Pre-Trip Inspection award.
- Milwaukee-based FedEx Express driver Jim Burmesch captured his fourth straight state title with a win in the 4-Axle class.
- FedEx Freight driver Gary Reimer (Mauston) won the 3-Axle class for his third state title.
- Madison-based FedEx Freight driver Jason Hillier earned his second state title with a win in the Tank Truck class.
- Tom Schroeder, owner of Sunshine Transportation, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Madison, won his first title with his first-place finish in the Step Van class.
- FedEx Express drivers Scott Parks (Milwaukee) and Dennis Love (La Crosse), posted second-place finishes in the 4-Axle and Step Van classes, respectively.
- FedEx Freight drivers Duane Staveness (Mauston) and Roland Bates (Oshkosh) posted second- and third-place finishes, respectively, in the Twins class.
- Roland Langer, a Mauston-based driver for FedEx Freight, finished third in the Straight Truck class.
- Ben Reinke, owner of Team Reineke, Inc. based at the FedEx Ground station in Green Bay, finished third in the Step Van class.