Wrap it Up, Pack it Up and Ship it Out in Time for the Holidays with Help from FedEx
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Nov. 26, 2012—With one of the busiest shopping days of the year in the rearview mirror, FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and its 300,000 team members around the globe are gearing up for their annual role assisting Santa behind-the-scenes and helping to ensure gifts are expertly packed and under the tree in time for the holiday.
With Black Friday gifts ready to be wrapped and Cyber Monday orders soon on their way, it’s time to start thinking about just how to get those thoughtfully-selected gifts packed and shipped with just as much care. FedEx and its more than 1,800 FedEx Office locations have the resources and expertise to help holiday shoppers become great holiday shippers this year.
The Makings of a Perfectly-Packed Package
For those ready to “DIY” their holiday wrapping and packing projects, here are tips from the pros at FedEx Office to help make the process quick and simple.
- Select your shipping box, using a sturdy box (preferably new) with no holes, tears, or corner dents. If the item being shipped is fragile, think about using a second box, one nested inside the other, for maximum protection.
- Wrap that gift well if it’s fragile. If the gift isn’t the sturdiest, take precautions by wrapping it in bubble wrap (bubbles facing inside) before putting it in the prepared box or boxes.
- Cushion the gift or inner box using just the right amount of padding material – like bubble wrap, biodegradable packing peanuts or densely packed paper. FedEx recommends at least 1” of cushioning on all sides. Once it looks like there’s enough cushioning, give the box a light shake. If it sounds like anything’s moving around, add more cushioning.
- Label the box inside and out. Before closing up the box, include an address card with the recipient’s address and return address as an added precaution.
- Seal the box on all sides using tape designed for packing, not duct, masking or painter’s tape. Avoid wrapping the box with paper or string, as it can get caught in automated processing equipment.
- Ship early and avoid the lines. Remember, the last day to ship for delivery before Christmas is December 17 for FedEx Ground services and December 22 for FedEx Express.
- When in doubt, hold it Not sure if a recipient will be home to accept delivery or don’t want gifts piling up at the door? Then Hold at FedEx Location and Redirect to Hold services are the answer. This complimentary service keeps packages securely stored at a nearby FedEx Office location for up to seven days, so they can be picked up at the time most convenient for a loved one.
Get a Helping Hand While Giving One
For those who want a little extra assistance packaging up their holiday gifts, or don’t want the stress of packing up mountains of gifts, visit a FedEx Office store nearby where they can pack it up and ship it out for you, starting at just $4.99. From November 26 until December 2, FedEx Office will also be conducting a Pack, Ship & Give program. For each Pack & Ship transaction during that period, FedEx Office will donate $1 to New York and New Jersey food banks, up to $50,000. The money will help the food banks provide warm meals and groceries to victims of Superstorm Sandy.
No matter your needs for the holiday season, FedEx has all your packing and shipping needs covered. For additional shipping tips and holiday information, please visit http://fedex.com/holiday.
About FedEx Office
FedEx Office, an operating company of FedEx Corp., has more than 1,800 stores and locations primarily in the U.S. and Canada, providing convenient access to printing and shipping expertise with reliable service. The company’s network features retail stores, centralized production centers, corporate on-site print centers, and on-site business centers at hotels, convention centers and universities. Services include copying and digital printing, professional finishing, document creation, direct mail, signs and graphics, computer rental, free Wi-Fi and corporate print solutions. In addition, the company offers FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipping, Hold at FedEx Location, and packing services backed by the FedEx® Packing Pledge. InformationWeek 500 recognized FedEx Office® Print Online and FedEx Office® Print & Go solutions with the 2011 Most Innovative Products award. Products, services and hours vary by location. For more information, please visit www.fedex.com/office.
About FedEx Corp
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $43 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 300,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
# # #