FedEx Hosts “New Markets, New Opportunities” Roundtable
FedEx recently hosted a virtual roundtable on ‘New Markets, New Opportunities,’ in which FedEx executives discussed the arrival of vibrant new players that are creating fresh business opportunities in the global marketplace.
While Brazil, Russia, India and China have been at the center of many recent discussions focused on emerging markets, economists have identified a new set of countries whose economies are poised to take-off. Best known as MINT and CIVETS* nations, by 2050 most of them will expand to rank among the top 20 contributors to the global GDP, according to data from the World Bank and Goldman Sachs.
In this roundtable, Michael Ducker, Chief Operating Officer and President, International, FedEx Express, and Rajesh Subramaniam, Executive Vice President, Global Strategy, Marketing and Communications, FedEx Services, explored a range of related topics, including the macro-economic factors driving opportunity within these new markets, the role of connectivity – both virtual and physical – and commercial lessons and considerations.
* MINT: Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey; CIVETS: Colombia, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey and South Africa
Perspectives and Case Studies:
- Ranking: Introducing the Access 25: Ranking of the people, places and ideas redefining global connectivity for 2014
- Case Study (Video): Spanish textile maker Gastón y Daniela >>
- Case Study (Video)Marble inlay and the Taj Mahal>>
- Case Study (Video)Made in America: Allen Edmonds>>
- Case Study (Video)4 Tips for Global Growth from Nicole Snow>>
- Case StudyBig Tree is Just the Ticket>>
- Q&AElizabeth Finch, FedEx, on global connectivity and outlook for India>>
- Q&AJonathan Berman on Africa As “Frontier Market”>>
- ArticleFred Smith on Why Connections Matter>>
Recent Press Releases:
Recent Blog Posts: <Corporate Social Responsibility is Key to Successful Business, April 10, 2014>>>>>>>a>China, India, Mexico and more: A global e-commerce discussion with Raj Subramaniam, March 6,2013>>>>>>>a>Get ready for the (next) Asian trade revolution, December 11, 2013>>>>>>>a>Your Busiest Day Powers Our Busiest Day: Celebrating Small Businesses, December 5, 2013>>>>>>>a>Creating Access for Growth, September 17, 2013>>>>>>>a>The Future of the Supply Chain, August 26, 2013>>>>>>>a>a>
FedEx Media Relations