FedEx Encourages Entrepreneurs to Apply for #SupportSmall $1 Million in Grants
New Initiative to Assist Small Businesses Financially Impacted by COVID-19
MEMPHIS, TN, May 26, 2020 — FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) today announced the launch of the company’s #SupportSmall Grants program, awarding grants and services to 200 business owners across the U.S. struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Each grantee will receive a $5,000 check as well as a $500 credit for FedEx Office® print and business services to help support their small business.
“Small businesses strengthen the economy and make the world more vibrant. They are the backbone of our communities,” said Brie Carere, executive vice president, chief marketing & communications officer, FedEx. “Whether entrepreneurs use the grant to pay staff, business rent, start their online store or enhance their online presence, we want to help them keep moving forward.”
The $500 credit from FedEx Office can be used for printing banners, posters, floor graphics, custom branded boxes and more. “Small businesses are what make our communities thrive, and we want to ensure they have the support they need to get back to business,” said Kim Dixon, executive vice president and chief operating officer, FedEx Office.
The #SupportSmall Grants program is open to U.S. based small businesses that have fewer than 50 employees and have been in business and selling for more than one year. Applicants must have less than $5 million in annual sales revenue in 2019 and have shipped in the last 12 months and/or plan to ship in the coming 12 months as part of their business.
To apply, applicants must visit fedex.com/supportsmallgrants, and enter basic business information (name, location, contact, website and social media handle), answer a series of questions, and provide their business EIN number and 2019 annual sales revenue.
The grant entry period is open now through June 12, 2020. Grant recipients will receive emails beginning in late July 2020 and continuing into September to let business owners know they have been selected.
Small-business owners can always access the FedEx Small Business Center for help adapting to COVID-19 impacts. Entrepreneurs can find ideas and insights on services and tools that can help them tackle challenges head on as well as information and resources that cover everything from financial relief to operational assistance including:
- The FedEx Small Business COVID-19 Resources page has information to help business owners navigate running a small company during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The newly launched Tech Chat with Small Business page serves as a hub where business owners can see what technology their peers are using to start and scale their businesses, learn about different website platforms and online tools and hear directly from businesses facing similar challenges.
- The FedEx Making it Work Podcast features special bonus episodes with entrepreneurs on managing a business through a pandemic as well as guests sharing their insights and conventional wisdom on the highs and lows of running a business.
- The FedEx E-Commerce Center offers tips including e-commerce shipping, fulfilling orders and meeting expectations beyond delivery.
- The FedEx Small Business Center provides shipping solutions, tools and insights from entrepreneurs and experts.
- FedEx Office is keeping businesses moving forward and offering ready-to-print COVID flyers and posters about CDC-recommended safety measures and social distancing. Through May 31, 2020, customers can save up to $30 off their print orders.