Deliver More Happy for the Holidays with FedEx
FedEx is ready to deliver outstanding service this holiday season with the fastest ground network and broadest weekend residential coverage in the industry, along with newly enhanced visibility tools
With more than 500,000 dedicated team members worldwide and the strength and reach of its global network, FedEx is prepared to deliver yet another successful peak season.
“FedEx is well positioned to deliver outstanding service for our customers this holiday season,” said Brie Carere, EVP and chief customer officer, FedEx Corporation. “With the fastest ground service and broadest weekend residential coverage in the industry, along with earlier commit times for express deliveries, our dedicated team members have been planning all year to ensure our customers have the utmost confidence and peace of mind when they choose FedEx.”
Operational enhancements and convenient digital tools for customers uniquely position the most extensive transportation network in the world to deliver this holiday season:
- Service: FedEx Ground is faster to more locations than UPS Ground, making it the fastest ground service in the industry. In addition, FedEx Ground has the broadest weekend residential coverage, delivering to nearly twice as many zip codes as UPS Ground. During the peak season, FedEx has earlier commit times for express deliveries. Time matters for customers choosing express shipping, and earlier commit times are critical for many high priority shipments, including holiday packages.
- Picture Proof of Delivery: Picture Proof of Delivery (PPOD) provides customers with peace of mind when they receive a photo confirmation that their holiday shipments have arrived. It’s offered for all FedEx Express and FedEx Ground residential, non-signature package deliveries without requiring an account or login. Now available in 53 countries, Picture Proof of Delivery provides shippers with increased confidence in the delivery of their packages and helps reduce the volume of customer calls and claims, which in turn provides a more seamless customer experience.
- FedEx Delivery Manager: FedEx Delivery Manager allows customers to track their package every step of the way via text and email updates. The app, free to users, allows enrollees to provide delivery instructions, schedule a delivery, redirect a package to a different address, request a vacation hold on a package or send a package to the nearest FedEx Office location. Shippers can sign up for free at www.fedex.com/delivery or download the free FedEx mobile app.
- People: More than 500,000 FedEx team members are ready to deliver the holidays, furthering the commitment to the Purple Promise – to make every FedEx experience outstanding. From package handlers, couriers, and service provider employees to the packing experts at more than 2,000 FedEx Office locations, to pilots and flight dispatchers, and the 15-person meteorology team staffed 24/7 to monitor weather events around the globe, FedEx team members are prepared to deliver more happy this holiday season.
- Estimated Delivery Time Window: FedEx is now offering Estimated Delivery Time Window (EDTW), which provides customers with a four-hour window for almost all incoming deliveries in 48 countries. EDTW is yet another way FedEx is improving the customer experience through technology.
- FedEx Office: Offers 2,000+ retail locations to help every gift get to its destination safely and on time for the holidays. Customers can take some stress out of the holiday season by enlisting the help of our packing experts who are trained to pack a variety of items, including those hard-to-pack gifts that won’t fit into standard-size boxes. Plus, Ship and Go kiosks are located at select FedEx Office locations for quick and easy drop off with prelabeled packages, print labels, scan QR codes, and print or email receipts.
- Large Items: FedEx has engineered its network to add automated sortation and large package capabilities into facilities, allowing for bulky, oversized packages to seamlessly travel through stations and help ensure holiday packages are delivered on time. And FedEx Freight Direct offers delivery of heavy and bulky shipments inside customers’ homes, reaching 90% of the U.S. population with through-the-door services. Whether it’s a trampoline or kayak, advancements FedEx has made in automation have customers’ gifting covered.
- Simple Returns: FedEx offers returns solutions to make it easier for both retailers and consumers. From nearly 50,000 retail drop-off locations for pre-labeled returns, to 10,000 locations for no-label, no-box solutions, there are endless easy return options for shoppers. Participating FedEx Office locations and FedEx Ship Centers offer consumers no label solutions where customers receive a QR code from their merchant on their mobile phone and scan it at their drop-off location to avoid the hassle of printing the return label themselves.
- Sustainability: FedEx provides the tools to help its customers make more sustainable decisions for their businesses, including the launch of FedEx® Sustainability Insights earlier this year, which uses near real-time network data to estimate CO2e emissions. All FedEx-branded cardboard packaging is 100% recyclable and contains an average of 36% recycled content. FedEx also offers customers sustainable packaging consultations with the FedEx team of packaging engineers to make custom packaging solutions as sustainable and sturdy as possible.
Additional media resources, including new holiday b-roll and an interview with the FedEx SVP of Integrated Marketing and Communications Jenny Robertson, available here.
More information, including tools and tips to help customers prepare for the busy season, can be found at the FedEx Holiday Hub.