FedEx Cares Week Expands to 500 Cities around the World
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Sept. 21, 2015 — More than 10,000 FedEx team members from around the world will volunteer nearly 55,000 hours this week to celebrate the 11th annual FedEx Cares Week. FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) began this tradition in a handful of U.S. cities in 2005 and has since expanded it to nearly 500 global communities where its team members live and work. The company’s annual giving campaign provides support in the form of money and muscle to hundreds of non-profit organizations.
FedEx team members will participate in service projects in more than 75 U.S. cities, including Atlanta, Colorado Springs, Dallas, Indianapolis, Memphis, Miami, Newark, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. Additionally, FedEx team members across the globe will serve their hometowns in countries such as Canada, France, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and China.
“Our team members are passionate about giving back and making a difference in their local communities,” said Neil Gibson, vice president of Corporate Communications, FedEx Services. “Our responsibilities extend beyond the service we provide to our customers. All over the world, our team members proudly support causes in their hometowns every day.”
FedEx Cares Week serves as the formal kick-off to the annual FedEx Cares United Way volunteer campaign. In addition to thousands of volunteer hours donated each year, FedEx and its team members gave more than $12 million to the United Way and other local nonprofits in 2014.
This year’s FedEx Cares Week service projects include:
- Preparing, packaging and delivering meals with Food & Friends in Washington, D.C.
- Bowling with Special Olympics athletes in Memphis
- Landscaping and painting at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society chapter in Pittsburgh
- Teaching sustainable farming to teens in Salt Lake City
- Enhancing school grounds in a high poverty area in Seattle
- Collecting and redistributing quality surplus food to people in need in Australia
- Helping restore Noeul Park in Seoul, South Korea
For more information about FedEx Cares Week and the FedEx commitment to volunteerism and the communities it serves, please visit newsroom.fedex.com/citizenship_report.