FedEx Participates in the 6th China International Import Expo
Empowering China’s High-Quality International Trade
Shanghai, China, November 5, 2023 - FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, is actively engaged in the 6th China International Import Expo (CIIE). Showcasing a nearly four-decade-long history in China, the company is spotlighting its transportation expertise, competitive services, and latest practices under three themes: “A Journey to FedEx”, “Sustainability”, and “Meet What’s Next”.
Located in the “Service Trade” section, FedEx has installed an immersive exhibition named “Air Waybill Sent to the Future”, inviting visitors to engage with featured exhibits, visual displays, and interactive experiences. The exhibition will include:
- A comprehensive overview of the FedEx legacy underscores its enduring commitment to the China market and its notable contributions to advancing international trade.
- The “Go Green” interactive section invites visitors to embark on a unique e-cargo bike experience, fostering a deeper understanding of FedEx low-emissions delivery solutions.
- Immersive 3D-printed models and captivating videos provide a sneak peek into the latest FedEx e-commerce offerings, designed to enhance the online shipping experiences.
- The specialized exhibition on the FedEx pragmatic exploration of sustainability and public welfare serves as a testament to its commitment to fulfilling corporate social responsibility (CSR) and shaping a brighter future.
“CIIE plays a pivotal role in expanding international trade,” said Eddy Chan, senior vice president of FedEx Express and president of FedEx China. “FedEx participation underscores our nearly four-decade dedication to supporting international trade. Through this platform, we aim to demonstrate our differentiated services and solutions in network, capacity, e-commerce, and sustainability, fortifying import supply chains, unlocking opportunities for small and medium-sized enterprises, and catalyzing cross-border e-commerce and other business forms. Our reliable and efficient global logistics network will continue to bolster resilient and smart supply chains, contributing significantly to China’s sustainable economic development and global economic growth.”
A Journey to FedEx
China’s foreign trade has been a major driver of its economic development. In the first three quarters of 2023, China saw consistent enhancements in the scale of its foreign international trade, amounting to a total of RMB30.8 trillion in import and export value. Since its establishment in China in 1984, FedEx has persistently enhanced its local networks, fortified infrastructure, and upgraded cross-border shipping services, facilitating seamless connections between China and global markets, thus fostering and promoting global trade.
- FedEx currently operates more than 300 weekly flights in and out of China, connecting Chinese customers to its extensive global network, and provides them efficient and reliable shipping services, leveraging its Asia-Pacific Hub in Guangzhou; its International Express and Cargo Hub in Shanghai; four major international gateway operations in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen; and its South China Operations Centre to be established in Guangzhou.
- Most recently, FedEx announced a new flight between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and Guangzhou, China, facilitating swift connections between Vietnam and other markets in Asia, Middle East, Africa (AMEA), and Europe.
- In 2023, FedEx continues to optimize its operational modes and service networks to strengthen the connection between China and the global markets. International delivery capacity was enhanced with FedEx International Economy® (IE) services, which typically deliver shipments within two to five business days.
- The improved International Priority (IP) service delivers shipments from China within one to two business days to major destinations worldwide, providing a time-definite delivery service that combines speed and reliability for urgent and critical shipments.
- The export services for high-value shipments in South China and shipments in East China have been improved. The transit time of shipments from South China to the Americas has been reduced by at least one day, while that of East China to selected Asian countries or regions has been shortened by up to one day.
With a goal of achieving carbon-neutral operations globally by 2040, FedEx actively implements sustainable practices in China, emphasizing paperless shipping, sustainable facilities, and electric vehicles.
- The recent launch of FedEx Ship Manager® Lite, a new mobile shipping solution in Mainland China, reflects the company’s focus on reducing paper usage while enhancing efficiency for our customers.
- FedEx is actively pursuing the implementation of additional renewable energy projects and promoting sustainable upgrades in facilities. In April 2023, the company inaugurated a solar installation project at its ground operations station in Shunyi, Beijing, facilitating the generation of clean electricity for the sorting facility.
- The company is progressively increasing the deployment of electrified vehicles in its fleet. In China, FedEx is systematically replacing specific gasoline-powered vehicles with electric vehicles, bicycles, and tricycles, aiming to reduce carbon emissions in last-mile delivery.
- In addition, FedEx supports the sustainable development of its Chinese customers. In August 2023, it introduced FedEx® Sustainability Insights in China. By using near-real-time FedEx network data to estimate CO2e emissions, the tool provides Chinese customers with direct access to emissions information on their international shipments within the FedEx network.* They can use the data to help make more sustainable decisions on their future shipping strategy in order to reduce their impact on the planet.
Meet What’s Next
As a firm advocate and facilitator of global trade, FedEx boasts professional market insights and works to tap potential business opportunities, seizing future market opportunities together with its Chinese customers.
- FedEx recognizes that e-commerce has become a new growth point of global trade. Cross-border e-commerce has served as a new driver of China’s foreign trade, witnessing RMB 1.7 trillion of imports and exports in the first three quarters of 2023, an increase of 14.4%. By improving cross-border e-commerce services and shipping efficiency, FedEx helps SMEs and e-commerce enterprises sharpen their competitive edges overseas.
- In September 2023, the new automated e-commerce capability in FedEx Ship Manager™ (FSM) supports small businesses and e-commerce merchants to efficiently manage their shipments online. This enhancement to FSM allows businesses to create shipments and paperwork from their online orders in a few simple steps.
- FedEx has introduced an AI-driven sorting robot at its South China E-Commerce Shipment Sorting Center. Covering about 5,200 square-meters, the center sees a higher efficiency in handling small inbound and outbound packages from e-commerce customers in South China, thanks to intelligent sorting robots.
- FedEx is committed to connecting the world in responsible and resourceful ways.
- In China, FedEx contributes to a better future by fulfilling its CSR through initiatives like the FedEx Library Program, AnQ Wakening Cloud Classroom, and other programs that care for underserved communities. It has also organized environmental protection programs like “Planting Trees for Climate” and beach cleaning activities.
For the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic, the 6th CIIE will be held entirely in-person, amplifying its spillover effect as a high-level platform fostering international economic and trade exchange, collaboration, and growth.
“CIIE provides an invaluable platform for international enterprises to exchange development opportunities and achieve win-win outcomes, underscoring the significance of China as a substantial market,” said Eddy Chan. “FedEx aims to leverage this international platform to showcase our strengths and accomplishments, exploring further cooperation opportunities both within and outside China. Moreover, we are dedicated to utilizing our expertise in international logistics to enhance connectivity between China and global markets, jointly fostering new drivers for global trade.”
*Exclusions apply. Visit for more details.
About FedEx Express
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies, providing fast and reliable delivery to more than 220 countries and territories. FedEx Express uses a global air-and-ground network to speed delivery of time-sensitive shipments, by a definite time and date.